January 18, 2018 - Officer's Meeting Overview
Attending - Linda Glantz - Manager, Lois Young - President, Tammy
Alwine - Treasurer, Fred Stoner - Secretary, and our Director, Vanessa
- General discussion on the need to find a drummer who can either
sit-in or attend rehearsals prior to performances.
- Vanessa has spoken to a gentleman from the Gettysburg Band as a
possible substitute director when needed. Vanessa will
follow-up with this individual.
- A list of music was reviewed for the upcoming season and
recommendations made to have a Patriotic Concert as a fall-back for
use when requested.
- The Officers decided that the official name of our Band will be
"The Singer Band of Mechanicsburg". Tammy said this will not
require any name changes on our checks.
- Linda reported that we have been offered the Messiah Village
Chapel as an alternate rehearsal site if our regular location is
unavailable. When needed, this location will be posted on the
Schedule with directions.
- The Officers authorized the printing of business cards as our
current supply is low
- Discussion concerning a fund raising event. Linda will
follow-up with local fire Companies to see if they would be willing
to host a barbequ or get us names for people who do this for them.
Fred will follow-up with Strock's on Williams Grove Road to see if
they could do this at a local park or if they would cater this at
- Band membership list is being updated and will be distributed to
the Officers for official use only.
- Discussion on holding sectional rehearsals in conjunction with
the regular rehearsals. Vanessa will make some suggestions at
a later date but the Officers felt this would be a benefit.
- Vanessa will look into starting a Singer Band e-mail account for
band members. There will be some technical matters to address
before this happens.